Townsend Leadership Program
What is TLP?
Townsend Leadership Program (TLP) is a life-giving opportunity that sustains and empowers those who participate! It is an intensive year-long life and leadership team that will accelerate your growth professionally and personally.
TLP is a way of taking an entire year for the purpose of intentional growth and change! This group coaching program is an accelerated vehicle for personal, relational and professional growth. Each group is made of 6-10 individuals from a variety of walks and yet each one will experience growth through their time within the group by sharing and listening to other's experiences.
Research shows that as we grow in self-awareness (emotional intelligence) we will have increased access to skill sets and personal growth discoveries that help define us, our relationships, career and purpose-filled path in life. However, the skill of self-awareness is most powerful within the presence of others. We can't gain self-awareness on our own by absorbing content in books and podcasts or 'trying harder'. We need mentors and coaches and cohorts to gain this capacity. Just as working with a coach helps you grow individually, when the coaching experience becomes part of a group dynamic, the results are magnified and accelerated even more! Group coaching is quite an effective medium.
Trainings and materials created by Dr. John Townsend are incorporated throughout! These trainings speak to all parts of our lives. Here are some of the topics:
- Character and Leadership
- Relational Nutrients
- Drivers and Performance
- Creating Healthy Team Culture
- Relationships and Isolation
- How to Confront Well
- Dealing with Negative Realities Effectively
- Skills for Accelerating Performance During Difficult Times
- Optimizing Strengths and Capacities
- Emotional Intelligence at Home and in the Workplace
Whether we are a professional, a creative, an entrepreneur, a parent, a homeschooling teacher or currently having to manage every single one of these roles at the same time, each principle presented applies to the various facets of our lives. And each session provides us with truths and tools in the context of connection to expand to our potential in all the roles we find ourselves in.
What does a TLP team do?
- Each team meets one day per month for a year.
- Each day is from 8:00am-5:00pm, with a light breakfast, coffee & lunch being served.
- Complementary monthly coaching sessions will begin from the time you sign up. We will come up with your 3 stretch-goals during these sessions, and begin getting to know one another!
- You will also receive monthly individual coaching sessions throughout the TLP year.
- We begin with a welcome dinner on the evening after our first day-long session. This welcome dinner is for you and your significant growth partner to join in and learn what it means for you to be in a TLP group and how to best support you in this year of growth! This is such a special evening!
- One of our monthly sessions will be a Relational Retreat where you can invite your significant person for a full day with us. They will participate in a day of communication skill building!
- We close the year out with a celebratory dinner following our last full-day session together. Your significant person will be invited to celebrate the growth they have seen in you over the last year.
This group is by invitation only. For the best fit, I personally select each member.
I look forward to hearing from you!